I’m a Front-End Developer, currently located in Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K with over 6 years experience working with/in businesses and organisations across a range of fields, for example: pharmaceutical, education and gaming. I have a good understanding with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and a strong working knowledge of version control (git).
I can provide a range of work, for example:
Bespoke Web Applications
- Gamification-based rewards system to increase user engagement
- ‘Twitter-style’ (micro-blogging) to provide short updates to users across an organisation
- Bold designs that stand out from the competition for marketing and promotions
Fully Customised CMS Themes
- Extending site and admin functionality using the theme. Plugins can also be used to create feature switchable functionality.
- CMS’s include: WordPress, Drupal and PageKit
My skills cover both front and back end development, with some design-based skills (examples included below).
As a front-end developer I have experience in creating fully responsive, mobile-first websites which can be used across a range of devices and browsers (even the dreaded Internet Explorer). I aim to write clean, semantic code to ensure any performs at its best.
As a back-end developer, I have previously developed a range of database-driven (MySQLi) systems using PHP (OOP), for example: student rewards systems with integrated gamification, computer booking systems and micro-blogging sites. All of which were developed to ensure they were fully content editable / manageable for the end-user.
I also own a DSLR camera and can provide media for usage within sites.
In addition, I have experience in using a range of creative professional software within Adobe Creative Cloud to maximise the impact of media to ensure it stands out, such as:
- PhotoShop – Enhancing images, removing distracting background, etc
- Illustrator – Particularly for optimising SVG’s and creating icons
- InDesign – Creating and editing print and / or web-based media
- Premiere Pro – For editing and publishing videos
Please click here to download a copy of my C.V. (last updated November 2017)